I have been wanting to change my house numbers since day one of last year. The existing numbers were not only brass (my least favorite metal), but they were rusted and not easily seen from the street.
As an admirer of all things mid-century modern, I had found some Neutra-esque numbers from Home Depot for about $12 each last summer. (Genuine Neutraface numbers are much more expensive). So to celebrate my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY here, I decided it was time!!
Not feeling confident in my ability to affix the numbers perfectly on the side of the house, I decided to mount them on a plaque and then attach the entire framed set.
Taking a small square board, I painted it in the same dark grey as I did the trim of the windows and doors last year. Then mounted the numbers using the floating option. The dark grey makes a beautiful contrast with the brushed silver, accentuating the clean lines and shadows of the floating mount.
Here is the BEFORE and AFTER. Now all I need to do is replace that outdoor light!